Digital technologies are electronic tools, systems, devices and resources that generate, store or process data. Well known examples include social media, online games, multimedia and mobile phones.
Digital learning is any type of learning that uses technology. It can happen across all curriculum learning areas.
At Brentwood Park Primary School, students attend specialist Digital Technologies lessons in a Windows PC lab as well as developing digital literacy in the classroom with iPads. Years 5 & 6 students have a BYOD iPad program and each student uses their own device with agreed apps. Each classroom has an IWB.
The Digital Technologies lab houses a variety of robots including Bee Bots, Edisons, Spheros and Code Bugs. The three strands of Digital Technologies are covered including Digital Systems, Creating Digital Solutions and Data and Information strands.
Students also have the opportunity to attend a Coding Club after school in Year 4 and also be a member of the bpTV group which produces a fortnightly news channel available on the school web site.
Each student has an Edupass log in which allows them to access Office 365 apps both at home and at school by clicking on https://www.edustar.vic.gov.au/o365 or the iPad app for Office 365. This allows families to download Office software free of charge to home devices using the log in details for the enrolment period in Victorian Government schools.
bpTV – Brentwood Park Primary School’s own tv news channel
See latest video above – last one for 2019:
- Office 365 (Edupass log in required) – access to Microsoft software
- One Drive (unlimited saving space – Edupass log in required)
- Outlook (emailing) using Edupass firstname.lastname@example.org and password
- CodeBug (Account to be created & Edupass log in required) – 5’s & 6’s
- Tynker (Account to be created & Edupass log in required) – all
- Sphero Edu (Account to be created & Edupass log in required) – 3’s & 4’s
- EduBlocks (Edison robot coding site) – 1’s & 2’s
- BeeBot online practice – Foundation
- QR code creator
- QR code quiz